|PC Release Date||November 24, 2016 (v252.0)|
|Xbox Release Date||Not Yet Released|
Found mostly in marshes and jungles, Achatina Limusegnis is a very slow, very non-threatening land mollusk. It might be the safest creature on the island to hunt and while it only provides a small amount of meat and chitin, an easy meal is always good on the island.
Unlike nearly every other creature on the island, Achatina does not defecate normally. Instead, it secretes a thick sticky substance. Achatina leaves trails of this slime, but the trails are so thin that they crumble to dust quickly.
There is a very disgusting, but useful, fact about Achatina that causes tribes to seek to tame them: its secretions are chemically similar to the 'Cementing Paste' used by many tribes for building materials. Tamed Achatina naturally build up this slime over time, which can then be collected at the tribe's convenience.
— The Dossier
The Achatina is a large herbivorous invertebrate found on the Ark.
- Tame and defenseless
- Retreats into shell while under attack and hardly takes any damage
- Organic Polymer Storage (extends shelf life x3)
- Produces 1 Achatina Paste every minute (Wandering)
- Produces 1 Organic Polymer every 45 minutes (Wandering)
- Tamable by knockout (Torpor)
- Only eats Sweet Vegetable Cake
- The dossier was revealed on June 15, 2015.
- Can be carried by the player
- Only tamed Achatina drop Achatina Paste
Trivia not relevant for the game
- Achatina is part of a genus of snails that still exists to this day, although none have ever been as big as the dossier shows. It is part of a genus of air-breathing, tropical land snails, terrestrial pulmonate gastropod mollusks in the family Achatinidae.