|PC Release Date||July 28, 2016 (v245.0)|
|Favorite Kibble||Kibble (Diplo Egg)|
|Saddle||Allosaurus Saddle (lvl 50)|
Smaller but faster than Tyrannosaurus, larger but slower than Carnotaurus, Allosaurus Therotribus is the island's resident pack-hunting theropod. While most aggressive theropods are relatively solitary creatures, Allosaurus lives in groups of 3-4. One Allosaurus is the alpha, while the others are its mates or a beta male.
Like humans find value in forming a tribe, the Allosaurus has evolved to hunt in packs. Its saw-shaped teeth leave its prey bleeding and maimed, making escape difficult.
Once an Allosaurus slows a creature with its cutting bite, the rest of its pack quickly close in for the kill.
Not everyone thinks a tamed Allosaurus is ideal. Those that value speed generally tame Carnotaurus, while those who value raw stopping power tame Tyrannosaurus
However, Riders of Allosaurus tend to value the utility of its Alpha pack status, which along with its bleed-inducing attacks and relative mobility, can effectively turn the tide of a combined arms battle.
— The Dossier
The Allosaurus (Al-o-sawr-us) is a large carnivorous dinosaur found on the Ark.
To the untrained eye, an Allosaurus looks like a large Carno or small Rex, but closer inspection reveals key differences. An Allosaurus has larger arms than a Rex or Carno and a more athletic look. Also the Allosaurus has more scattered plates on its head and back than a Rex and has the armor above the eyes just like a Carno. They can often be spotted fairly easily by looking for the small red and orange aura around the pack leaders back (although take care that you haven't actually spotted an Alpha Predator).
The Allosaurus is aggressive to most if not all other creature's including other carnivores.
Allosaurus always spawn in packs of 3, but packs will merge if they encounter each other. As long as a pack has 3 or more Allosaurs in it, the highest level one will receive a pack boost, which can be identified by a glowing red aura, similar to that of an Alpha Predator. The pack boost applies to both wild and tamed Allosaurs and provides the following benefits:
- Increases damage done by 50%
- Reduces damage taken by 25%
- An extra attack (default right mousebutton) that slows the target and does bleeding damage
- The ability to roar while mounted on alpha (default C) When the Alpha roars, the others in its pack will also roar.
These buffs only apply to the Allosaurus with the Alpha Boost, however in larger packs, multiple Allosaurus can sometimes become the Alpha.
- The dossier was revealed on August 26, 2015.
- Sometimes when there are four or more Allosauruses in a pack there can be multiple with the Alpha boost applied to them. It might be because there are enough for two or more packs out of the larger pack that was formed. The highest level will make the lower levels roar, and then the second highest will make all but the higher levels roar, and so on.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- Real-life Allosaurus had a weak bite, but a reinforced skull and powerful neck muscles. Some paleontologists have argued that they used their upper jaw as a hatchet, incapacitating their prey with repeated blows.