|XP For Kill||4 XP|
|PC Release Date||May 4, 2016 (v240.0)|
|Xbox Release Date||May 17, 2016 (v734.0)|
|Saddle||Arthropluera Saddle (lvl 50)|
The fact this creature even exists is enough to give me nightmares. Like the island's other arthropods, Arthropluera Felsanguis has become much larger than I might have believed possible. It's a very aggressive hunter, but prefers to eat meat after it has rotted for some time, and will voraciously seek out such delicacies.
Arthropluera's blood has a very low pH, to the point that it can dissolve many materials. This acidic blood splashes back on anything that directly attacks it, weakening the durability of melee weapons and hurting attackers. Many creatures thusly refuse to prey on Arthropluera, fearing this unique defense. If that wasn't enough, Arthropluera keeps a small reservoir of blood ready to spit at its prey.
Like most of the other arthropods on the island, Arthropluera is simple minded and relatively easy to tame. It is an almost entirely military mount, useful mostly for attacking at a distance. Thanks to its unique defenses, whether hunting or warring, Arthropluera is generally safe from all but the largest of creatures.
— The Dossier
The Arthropluera (Arr-throw-plur-a) is a medium sized carnivorous (carrion feeder) invertebrate found on the Ark.
The Arthropleura felsanguis is one of the island's most nightmarish native invertebrates - a predatory, heavily armored millipede longer than three men tall. Preferring carrion over live prey, these huge arthropods inhabit the deeper caves of the island, devouring bats and other invertebrates. Their greenish blood has an unusually low pH, a trait that, by self-rupturing delicate vessels in its head, the Arthropleura can use as a rather gruesome defense mechanism.
Arthropleura is tamable with rotten meat and if wild will attack with acid spit (1 acid spit after melee bite). It seems to have some sort of an aimbot because it can hit you with its acid even when it has turned around.
- The dossier was revealed on September 11, 2015.
- The dossier lists Arthropleura as being from the Permian era, but it was actually from the Carboniferous.
- Arthropleura tamed in the Lower South Cave are unable to exit due to the invisible wall at the entrance/exit. If you wish to tame one to bring back with you, find one elsewhere.
- In real life, Arthropleura ate rotting plant matter instead of rotting meat. It also lived in the Late Carboniferous as well as the Early Permian.
- The Dossier misspells Arthropleura as Arthropluera. Presumably this a typo by the author.
- The Dossier says that Arthropluera is "...An almost entirely military mount..." But next to the icon that represents it as being rideable there are question marks. - These question marks might represent the writers query as to whether or not the Arthropleura is capable of being saddled, not necessarily the capability of one being ridden.
- It can be picked up by Argentavis, so you can lure it outside the caves and move it to a safer spot. Most of the time it doesn't move while taming (like the Dung Beetle,) but some times it will. To prevent this, put it in a box made of dino doors with 4 wood floors.