|Temperament||Passive to land creatures, but aggressive to water-dwellers|
|PC Release Date||Not Yet Released|
Like the Carnotaurus, Baryonyx Aquafulgur is on the smaller end of the tier of large predators. While not as powerful as some deep-sea predators or Spinosaurus, Baryonyx is an extremely fast swimmer who is still nimble enough to threaten most creatures on the island.
And yet despite being a fast, dangerous dinosaur, Baryonyx almost exclusively eats fish & other water-dwellers. The highly specific metabolism of Baryonyx seems to allow it to heal wounds almost preternaturally fast after feeding on nutritious fish meat.
Perhaps this is why Baryonx rarely attacks land animals?
Baryonyx's natural affinity for aquatic predation means that once tamed, it learns to kill ocean-dwellers even more efficiently.
Between its speed and its power, Baryonyx makes an ideal choice for anyone interested in frequently moving between water and land travel with ease, and valuing speed and agility over raw strength.
— The Dossier
The Baryonyx is a medium sized carnivorous (piscivorous) dinosaur found near water throughout the Ark.
- The dossier was revealed on August 14, 2015
- Its specific name means "Water Lighting".
- The dossier mentions the ability to recover health faster after ingesting fish. This may imply that the Baryonyx will gain instant health, or regenerate its health faster after feasting on fish meat obtained from Coelacanth, Megapiranha, Megalodon and Mantas.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- Baryonyx is a member of the same family as Spinosaurus, known as the Spinosaurids.
- Fossils of Baryonyx have been found with the remains of other dinosaurs, meaning that despite being a fish eating predator, Baryonyx was probably capable of taking on larger land animals, despite the dossier stating it rarely attacks land animals.