|XP For Kill||2 XP|
|PC Release Date||September 28, 2015 (v216.0)|
|Favorite Kibble||Kibble (Pulmonoscorpius Egg)|
|Saddle||Beelzebufo Saddle (lvl 25)|
Beelzebufo Palucocus is the largest frog I have ever seen. Almost impossibly large, it can actually fit a full grown human adult on its back, though just barely. This is a dangerous prospect, though, as secretions from Beelzebufo's skin and mouth have a narcotic effect on most creatures.
Not surprisingly, Beelzebufo is adept at killing insects. In fact, it kills most insects near-instantly, and quickly digests them. It even combines the narcotic chemicals in its mouth with the insect's chitin to create a sticky substance, allowing it to quickly grab prey from afar, and yielding a form of Cementing Paste.
Tamed Beelzebufo make for strange mounts. Strange mounts for strange people. Many tribes don't believe there's any reason to ride them, but some like the ability to take large vertical hops up huge walls and cliffs. Regardless of how it is ridden, Beelzebufo is also employed for its ability to quickly cull insects, and convert them into always-useful cementing paste.
— The Dossier
The Beelzebufo is a small carnivorous amphibian found in the swamps of the Ark.
Beelzebufo is an enormous frog, larger than a man and (once tamed) strong enough to carry one on its back. Short spines protrude from its back. It is an effective ambush predator of the island's large insect species, sedating its prey before stuffing it into its wide mouth.
Beelzebufo spends its days hopping about in the swamps. However, if attacked, it will fight back fiercely, lashing out its poison-laden tongue at enemies.
- The dossier was revealed on August 12, 2015.
- Its name means "Lord of the Toads", from Beel, the Hebrew form of the Ugaritic word Ba'al meaning "lord", and Bufo, a large genus of toad. Often confused with Beelzebub "Lord of the Flies", one of seven Princes of Hell in Christianity though is depicted as a giant fly.
- Their tongue attack can only travel horizontally. When attempting to knock one out, stand on top of one of the large rocks that are abundant in the swamp and shoot it from there with a Slingshot or Tranquilizer Arrows.
- The Beelzebufo can be picked up by an Argentavis.
- Be careful when attacking large quantities of Titanomyrma Drones or Titanoboa with the Beelzebufo. Its low base health makes it highly vulnerable to damage.
- The Beelzebufo, despite not having the highest movement speed, is quite possibly the best form of transportation on The Island, aside from flying mounts. Its ability to jump long distances and up cliffs makes it a good animal for traveling a distance on.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- While the in-game creature Beelzebufo palucocus is big enough (2.25m) to be ridden, the real-world Beelzebufo ampinga only reached around 50 cm in length. Though there were other frogs large enough to dwarf a medium-sized dog.