|Favorite Kibble||Kibble (Carbonemys Egg)|
|Saddle||Bronto Saddle (lvl 55)|
|Platform Saddle||Bronto Platform Saddle (lvl 70)|
|Incubation Range||28 - 31 °C / 82 - 88 °F|
|Incubation Time||4h 59m 58s|
|Baby Stage Time||9h 15m 33s|
Among the largest creatures I've seen on the island Brontosaurus Lazarus is larger than any sauropod I've read about. In fact, the dinosaur is so massive that it ignores most other creatures.
I've seen a pack of Raptors tear apart smaller dinosaurs while Brontosaurus continues eating, seemingly oblivious to the hunting pack.
Because of how docile it is, Brontosaurus makes the ideal pack-animal. Peaceful tribes use it to carry incredible quantities of resources, while warring tribes use it to mobilize their army. Unfortunately, its enormity means that most attempts to tame Brontosaurus can take longer than almost any other creature on the island.
Some may think this is an Apatosaurus, Dreadnoughtus, Argentinosaurus, or other Sauropod - but this is a strange island, and I'm the one doing the research. I'm convinced that this genus is Brontosaurus, and no one can tell me otherwise. My study, my rules.
— The Dossier
The Brontosaurus or Bronto is a large, yet docile herbivorous dinosaur, and so far the largest creature found roaming the Ark. The Brontosaurus, meaning "thunder lizard", is part of the Sauropod family.
The Brontosaurus is the largest dinosaur in the game. Its head, legs, and tail are all capable of devastating attacks. It should be noted that a Bronto's attack is a nearly always an instant kill for new to mid tier players.
The docile nature of the Brontosaurus makes it an ideal pack animal. Though taming a Brontosaurus is a massive investment in time and resources due to its tremendous size, ideally requiring the cooperation of multiple survivors in order to achieve. The Brontosaurus can also be used as mobile base with a special saddle.
Note: Taming will take SEVERAL in game days (in some cases up to six) and almost half a thousand narcoberries (or their narcotics equivalent).
This dino is very efficient for collecting berries due to its large tail swing.
Its favorite type of berry is the mejoberry.
It can carry 900lb at level 1.
Found almost anywhere on the island.
- Its full name literally means "Helpful Thunder Lizard".
- The dossier mistakenly places Brontosaurus' time period as the late Cretaceous when, in fact, it actually lived in the late Jurassic. However, the dossier also acknowledges that it may be another sauropod like Argentinosaurus, which did come from the late Cretaceous.
- Brontosaurus are one of the endgame berry farming machines you will wish to have. Use their attacks against large groups of bushes to gather more than a hundred berries. Depending on your location, you'll be able to farm more than 1500 Narcoberries in one, single ingame night. Also, due to their enormous weight capacity, they make transport of large quantities slow, but effective.
- Brontosaurus' tail attack is extremely wide, and reaches almost up to its head in a 180° whip in the direction you are facing. Caution is advised when using tail attacks to collect berries, because you might hit a herd of Triceratops, causing all of them to attack you, which can be overwhelming for even the Brontosaurus.
- The Brontosaurus is so large that when it steps on smaller creatures (such as Trilobites, Meganeuras, or Dodos) it deals damage to them and sometimes even kills them. This can be a problem, especially when navigating through swamps, as you frequently step on Meganeuras, killing them and causing a couple of them to attack you at a time. One tail sweep often kills all of them, earning you a lot of experience points.
- If you are on a server/single player world with a high gathering rate, your Brontosaurus can very easily become over encumbered with one-two tail sweep(s), so be wary. (Yes, that means over 900 pounds of berries, thatch and wood.)
Trivia not relevant for the game
- Brontosaurus was considered a junior synonym of Apatosaurus until 2015, when an extensive study concluded that it was a valid genus of sauropod distinct from Apatosaurus.
ARK: Fear Evolved