|XP For Kill||1 XP|
|Incubation Range||28 - 32 °C / 82 - 90 °F|
|Incubation Time||1h 8m 10s|
|Baby Stage Time||2h 6m 15s|
Dilophosaurus Sputatrix is a strange creature. It stands at just over half the size of known Dilophosaurus and runs from agressors as often as it fights them. Dilophosaurus Sputatrix has a few traits not common in the Dilophosaurus genus. It has a very small shrill call, and a decorative ridge of skin on its neck. I believe these are used to attract mates, as well as intimidate prey and would-be predators.
Instead of attacking its prey outright, Dilophosaurus Sputatrix spits venom to weaken and paralyze it before moving in for the kill.
Because of their shrill cry and their ability to attack intruders from range, Dilophosaurus seem most suited as "guard dogs". Due to their small size, they are not suitable as mounts.
— The Dossier
The Dilophosaurus or Dilo is a small carnivorous dinosaur found on the Ark.
As with all dinosaurs, the amount of food needed to tame them and the number of Narcoberries or Narcotics to keep them unconscious depends on the level of the Dilophosaurus, but is around 15 meat and 10 Narcoberries for lower levels.
The Dilophosaurus will spawn anywhere above ground and on land and can quite commonly be seen walking throughout Ark at a steady pace, from a distance they can bare resemblance to the Raptor given their similar size.
Dilophosaurus can be found both singular and in packs from 3 to 5 and will more than likely be Mate Boosted when within packs.
- Base Statistics
- Health: 130
- Stamina: 100
- Oxygen: 150
- Food: 450
- Weight: 50
- Melee Damage: 100%
- Movement Speed: 100%
- Torpor: 75
- Torpor: increased to by 6
- The name of the Dilophosaurus is derived from the Greek words di (δι) meaning "two", lophos (λόφος) meaning "crest", and sauros (σαυρος) meaning "lizard"; thus means "two-crested lizard".
- Dilophosaurus is not ridable, however, they have the ability to carry items for the player, having a base weight carry of approximately 50 weight.
- Dilophosaurus venom will slow other dinosaurs, thereby making them suitable companions when taking down fast moving animals, or fleeing from the more dangerous ones.
- Dilophosaurus are easier to kill compared to other dinosaurs and can serve as a source of food in critical situations.
- In their stomach inventory, they will rarely drop Nerdry Glasses, a reference to Dennis Nedry from the movie Jurassic Park, who wore these glasses and was killed and eaten by Dilophosaurus.
- ARK: Survival Evolved utilizes Jurassic Park's vision of the dinosaur, a small venom spitting theropod dinosaur, when in reality the Dilophosaurus was a theropod capable of reaching twenty feet (6 meters) in length. Further, there is no scientific evidence they could shoot venom or were venomous at all nor of a neck frill.