|XP For Kill||1 XP|
|Favorite Kibble||Kibble (Dimetrodon Egg)|
|Saddle||Gallimimus Saddle (lvl 30)|
|Incubation Range||24 - 28 °C / 75 - 82 °F|
|Incubation Time||1h 25m 42s|
|Baby Stage Time||2h 38m 43s|
When someone asks me what the fastest creatures on the island are, Gallimimus is always a contender. Unlike the island's many armored animals, Gallimimus eschews strong defenses for the ability to outrun pretty much anything.
A skittish herbivore, Gallimimus even looks nervous when eating in a peaceful clear meadow. Having no real way to harm predators, it simply runs away and uses its ability to stay safe. I've even seen wild Gallimimus outrun speed-trained Utahraptors!
There are two general camps on the use of tamed Gallimimus. One camp thinks that their inability to actually harm hostile creatures, and their inability to harvest most resources, makes them primarily a burden to the tribe. The other camp thinks that their extreme speed and ability to jump long distances is among the best for scouting and exploring... or just making a quick getaway!
— The Dossier
The Gallimimus is a medium sized herbivorous dinosaur found on the Ark.
Gallimimus is a large herbivore resembling something akin to a reptilian ostrich. Like an ostrich, it has a long neck and a beak for eating foods like grasses and berries. It has a slim build with a long tail to act as counterbalance when sprinting from predators like Carnotaurus and Raptors. Like Megalodon, Baryonyx, Therizinosaurus and Triceratops, the in-game Gallimimus is about the same size (7.5 meters) as the real thing.
Color Scheme and Regions
Region 0: Body
Region 1: Feathers
Region 2: None
Region 2 is not used for this creature.
Region 3: Unknown
Region 4: Spine and Feather Tips
Region 5: Lower Body
Gallimimus is a very skittish, shy species. Constantly on alert for carnivores, it never walks slowly, preferring to move around at a moderate trotting speed. When injured, it will run extremely fast away from its attacker, but is slowed down in water.
- Gallimimus was officially revealed by Jat on June 15, 2015.
- The dossier was revealed by Jat on July 22, 2015.
- The Gallimimus' torpor goes down at an alarming rate, having plenty of narcotics with you is a good idea.
- The Gallimimus' speed is always at a base of 100% regardless of level. That said, if all level up points are put into movement speed, the creature easily becomes "too fast for ARK", and will go flying high into the air with the slightest amount of terrain difference (such as a fallen log) when running.
- If you are having difficulty finding any Gallimimus in areas they should appear normally, particularly on a private server, check near (50,50) as this is a place where "glitched" dinos and lost items tend to end up.
- The dossier states that the Gallimimus is able to outrun speed-trained raptors, however the dossier shows a Gallimimus being chased by Carnotaurus. It is unknown why this choice was made.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- In reality, Gallimimus was most likely an omnivore.
- Gallimimus is a member of Ornithomimosauria, a clade closely related to raptors and modern birds.
- The skull seen in its dossier actually belongs to its relative Struthiomimus.
- The Gallimimus in the game are portrayed with teeth, which the real animal never had.