The Human, more commonly known as the Survivor or Player, is the player character on the Ark. The Human can be either male or female with a variety of shapes and sizes, possesses a Specimen Implant embedded in their left arm, and form Tribes for mutual protection and collaboration. Certain small creatures can be carried on the shoulder by a Human.
|Attribute||Amount at Level 1||Increase per point|
|Movement Type||Base Speed||Sprinting|
- Raw Meat
- Inventory of killed human
Humans can have varying appearances and may also wear multiple tiers of clothing and skins.
Humans are playable characters and can have wildly varied behavior. The typical human can be seen scavenging, harvesting, looting or otherwise running amok in any area of the island. Known to tame ferocious beasts to do their bidding, humans can accomplish physical feats and acts of violence far beyond what their meager frames should be capable of. Humans also carry the distinction of being the only creatures on the island capable of crafting and utilizing tools (besides the Mantis), and should be regarded as an extreme threat due to this feat- whether it be a simple stone hatchet or an array of autonomous turrets guarding an impenetrable steel fortress, odds have it any human you encounter is a significant and wildly unpredictable threat and should be approached as such.
- Dung Beetle
- Since Humans are controlled by other players, they are subject to an incredible amount of variety in both appearance and behavior.
- Humans are one of four primate species in the game; the others are Mesopithecus, Gigantopithecus and Megapithecus.
- The amount of meat a Human drops upon death is comparable to that of a Coelacanth.
- In an interview, the devs said that there may be a rival species coming.