|XP For Kill||5 XP|
|PC Release Date||October 21, 2016 (v248.0)|
|Favorite Kibble||Kibble (Tapejara Egg)|
|Saddle||Kaprosuchus Saddle (lvl 40)|
A smaller relative of the Sarcosuchus, Kaprosuchus Paludentium is water-based carnivore primarily found lurking among the island's swamps. A naturally fast runner that is even faster in the water, it is a solitary hunter that picks off small-to-medium creatures, especially those isolated from their pack.
When attacking, Kaprosuchus uses two main tactics. First, it patiently waits below the water surface and when the target is sufficiently close by, will perform a lateral jump that it uses to quickly close distance with its prey and drag it underwater. Secondly, its attacks target the prey's vital areas specifically to drain its stamina. These two techniques effectively prevent most creatures from escaping Kaprosuchus once an assault has begun.
Survivors are generally split about the usefulness of Kaprosuchus. Some love its speed both in and out of the water, essentially making it among the fastest small-sized all-terrain mounts when traveling through the wetlands. Others do not like how relatively frail Kaprosuchus is, and do not think its high speed and damaging attacks make up for this shortcoming.
— The Dossier
The Kaprosuchus (Cap-row-su-cuss) is a very aggressive, medium-sized carnivorous reptile found in the swamps of the Ark.
- The dossier was revealed on August 31, 2015.
- The design for Kaprosuchus is suprisingly similar in design to the concept design for Primal Carnage: Genesis, as both designs are falsely depicted with long back legs.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- Kaprosuchus translates into "Boar-Crocodile", and was named so due to its large tusk-like fangs.
- The in-game Kaprosuchus can reach a length of up to 7.5 meters. The real thing could only get to 6 meters.
- Despite the dossier stating that Kaprosuchus is skilled on both land and water, it was most likely entirely land-based.