This article is about the DLC: Scorched Earth
|PC Release Date||September 1, 2016 (v246.0)|
The Manticore is an end-game boss in ARK: Survival Evolved that can be accessed by opening a portal to the Manticore Arena at an Obelisk or Beacon. It was introduced in the ARK: Scorched Earth expansion pack.
The Manticore can fly and has poisonous breath. It can also summon Alpha Death Worm and Rock Elemental which will attack any survivors that are nearby. It is depicted as having the body and head of a lion, dragon-like wings, and the stinger and tail of a scorpion.
The Manticore is located in the Manticore Arena, beneath the Ark. It is accessed exclusively at an Obelisk and does not naturally spawn.
The Manticore can only be tamed by using the command :admincheat forcetame. This command can only be used by the admin of the server.
Portal to Arena
The following items are required to open the portal.
- 16 Fire Talon
- 16 Lightning Talon
- 16 Poison Talon
- Artifact of the Gatekeeper
- Artifact of the Crag
- Artifact of the Destroyer
Obtain all the required items and locate an Obelisk or Beacon with the imprinted blueprint. A portal to the Manticore Arena will open.
When you enter the arena, locate a rock. Hide behind it when the Manticore attacks with poison. Remain in cover after the attack and begin your counter attack. Remember that the Manticore can also summon assistance.
The Manticore drops four rewards: a Manticore Flag, Maticore Trophy, Manticore Helmet Skin and Manticore Shield Skin.
- The Manticore is a creature from Persian mythology.
- The Manticore is a chimera, traditionally consisting of the body of a lion, the wings of a bat, the tail of a scorpion and a human face, although ARK's Manticore does not seem to have this last feature..
- The name 'Manticore' roughly translates to 'Man-Eater'.