|“||Increases your health, but puts you to sleep.||”|
— In-game Description
The Narcotic is a consumable crafted in the Mortar and Pestle or Chemistry Bench. A much more potent version of the Narcoberry, and highly useful in the taming of dinosaurs. The main advantage the Narcotic has over their berry version is that they cannot and do not spoil. Opposite of the Stimulant.
- Narcotics are mainly used in taming (can also be used on PvPvE servers to keep players unconscious) and in crafting the Tranquilizer Arrow.
- 1 narcotic adds 40 torpor when eaten/remotely used.
- Narcotics are better for taming because when feeding narcoberries it actually decreases the taming effectiveness while narcotics do nothing to the effectiveness.
- Ingredients while in the Mortar and Pestle DO decay. Be careful.
- Just like when taming creatures, a player can keep an unconscious player from waking up by using narcotics placed in the inventory.