|XP For Kill||2 XP|
|PC Release Date||December 31, 2015 (v229.0)|
|Xbox Release Date||January 15, 2016 (v730.0)|
|Saddle||Procoptodon Saddle (lvl 50)|
|Gestation Time||3h 58m 5s|
|Baby Stage Time||4h 37m 46s|
The first marsupial I've encountered on the island is the Procoptodon Vivencurrus. Standing nearly three meters tall, it is also the largest jumping creature I've ever heard of. It is a fairly peaceful herbivore that only fiercely attacks if aggressed upon.
One of Procoptodon's most unique features is its pouch. Unlike, many pouched marsupials, Procoptodon's pouch is relatively dry, and has little in the way of sticky or oily fluids. I assume this is good for the joey, but I have not figured out exactly why yet...
Procoptodon's dry pouch make it an excellent beast of burden that can carry far more than other creatures of its size. But more importantly, many tribes use it as a two-seater transport by having a secondary rider nest in the pouch. Since this passenger doesn't have to worry about controlling the Procoptodon, the pouch-warrior can focus on firing his or her weapons.
— The Dossier
The Procoptodon is a medium sized herbivorous mammal found on the Ark.
- The dossier was revealed on October 5th, 2015
- The first marsupial in the game. It was released before the Thylacoleo.
- Although the dossier states that the Procoptodon is aggressive when provoked, it instead flees much like a Parasaurolophus. Keep that in mind when trying to tame this marsupial.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- In game the Procoptodon can jump backwards, however kangaroos can't do this in real life due to their hips.
- The real-life Procoptodons were in fact so heavy they could not hop, but rather walked like hominids.
- In reality, only female kangaroos have a pouch.