|XP For Kill||6 XP|
|Favorite Kibble||Kibble (Carbonemys Egg)|
|Saddle||Pulmonoscorpius Saddle (lvl 25)|
I'm not sure why, but the giant scorpions I've seen in the island are far more disturbing than most of the dinosaurs. Rather than simply kill its prey, Pulmonoscorpius Gigantus injects its victims with a tranquilizing poison, then eats it's unconscious prey alive.
This sub-species has a large pair of pincers that seem connected to the same toxin sacks as the tail. I've never seen another scorpion that has this adaptation, but I've never seen another scorpion that is larger than I am either.
Trying to tame a monster like Pulmonoscorpius Gigantus sounds like a crazy idea, but I suppose the ability to knock out a foe could come in handy. It could certainly make incapacitating some of the island's other creatures much easier.
— The Dossier
The Pulmonoscorpius or Scorpion is a medium sized carnivorous invertebrate found on the Ark.
Pulmonoscorpius is an enormous land scorpion that haunts the island's warmer interior usually in caves around the island and rocky terrain at the bottom of mountains, though the latter is much less common. It has a glossy chitinous exoskeleton and, uniquely, a pair of venom sacs stored within its pincers; between these and the one that makes up its fearsome stinger, the creature can inject other animals with a potent paralytic neurotoxin. It feeds only on decomposed meat, preferably that which its venom has rendered from its tranquilized victims. Unlike that of most other creatures, its blood is green.
Pulmonoscorpius will attack almost anything on sight, including much larger creatures than itself such as Rex's and Argentavis.
Another unique feature about the Scorpion is that unlike most carnivores with meat, the Scorpion prefers Spoiled Meat. As with all carnivores, use Narcotics instead of narcoberries to prevent the taming meter from going down. Also known as Pulmonoscorpius, the scorpion is one of the Ark's many carnivorous species. Unlike most carnivores, the scorpion is venomous.
Venom - The scorpion feeds on it's prey not by killing them but by knocking them out with it's poison and eating them alive. The venom takes a moment to kick in, but then will rapidly elevate either a player/dino's torpor. Because of this it is best to tame/ fight this species with ranged weapons. It is best to have Stimberries/Stimulants on hand when against these creatures.
Saddles for them can be made for them when a player reaches level 25 in game.
Un-arguably the best slope climbing mount available on the island
Can be found around in hills and near waterfronts, though most common within caves and mountains.
- Currently it is impossible to get a tamed scorpion out of the cave where you obtain the Artifact of the Hunter (location: 80.2 / 53.5) and (location: 70.6 / 86.1) This can be done only by building a Fence Foundation, Wall, Ramp, and Pillar to make a means of exit. Then an Argentavis needs to grab the scorpion out of the doorway.
- Probably the best terrestrial creature to climb mountains and pass through forests.
- The scorpion's venom can even knock a Tyrannosaurus unconscious, but it will take time, and the scorpion's health must be upgraded to survive the ordeal.
- Pulmonoscorpius' Melee % directly affects their ability to knock out an opponent.
- Scorpion eggs are used to tame Tyrannosaurus, and are a popular one to tame for egg farms.
- The fact that Scorpions lay eggs is scientifically incorrect, as modern scorpions in real life do not lay eggs.
- Scorpion have a secondary grabbing attack that can lock lone survivors in place, and make them vulnerable to it's stinger.
- If a smaller creature(Dodo, Compsognathus, small Raptor etc) is located behind a tamed scorpions pincers it will be locked in place and unable to move, despite its best efforts. This is a incredibly useful and efficient way to tame fast fleeing dinosaur's such as the Oviraptor and is very accessible as scorpions are an easy low level tame only requiring spoiled meat and narcotics to tame. This strategy can be very helpful for increasing egg laying for early level Survivor's tames.
- It appears Pulmonoscorpius is immune to the pheromone released by Oviraptor - so egg laying is not increased.
- It is currently impossible to obtain fertilized Pulmonoscorpius eggs from a tamed pair, as they currently can not mate.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- They might be the same species as Brontoscorpio (in real life), which was present in the Silurian, while Pulmonoscorpius is only found in the Carboniferous.