This article is about the DLC: Scorched Earth
|Common Name||Thorny Dragon|
|PC Release Date||September 1, 2016 (v246.0)|
|Saddle||Thorny Dragon Saddle|
Tough survivors have come to call these Gargantuan reptiles Spiny Lizards, I believe that Moloch sagittarius' closest known relative is the Australian Thorny Devil (Moloch horridus). Besides the obvious gap in size, most of the differences between Moloch sagittarius and its smaller relative lie in its thorns.
Instead of being permanent parts of its skin, Moloch sagittarius' thorns are more like spines or quills that can be removed and regrown. In fact, it is even capable of shooting these spines from its tail as a method of self defense, and examination of these projectiles has revealed that they are coated in a lethal poison.
Despite its dangerous spines, Moloch sagittarius has proven an excellent mount for indirect combat. Its ranged attacks can wreak havoc in a pitched battle, particularly if other creatures are taking the enemy's attention. Just be sure to use a proper saddle, strap yourself in securely, and use extreme caution while mounting or dismounting.
— The Dossier
The Moloch or Thorny Dragon is one of the creatures in the ARK: Scorched Earth expansion pack.
- This creature was first revealed as a "Mystery Creature" on March 1, 2016. It was the first creature revealed in that way and the first hint to the Scorched Earth expansion pack.
- Even though the dossier says it is herbivore, this creature is tamed with meat.
- The tail spikes inflict torpor damage when fired.
- The Thorny Dragon does not use stamina to sprint. (Possible Bug)
- While in in-game Thorny Dragon is 9 meters long, the real-world lizard reaches just 20 centimetres. This likely gives it the largest real-ARK size ratio of any creature in the game.