|Temperament||Passive, Unless Approached|
|XP For Kill||19550 XP|
|PC Release Date||June 23, 2016 (v243.0)|
|Xbox Release Date||Not Yet Released|
|Saddle||Titanosaur Platform Saddle (lvl 95)|
Today I witnessed an unforgettable sight: the extremely rare Titanosaurus Vagacastrum. Essentially a walking mountain, it is an absolutely enormous sauropod which has developed armored plates of bone protrusions all over its body.
Between these plates and its unparalleled size, Titanosaurus is extremely difficult to put down. In addition, Titanosaurus seems outright immune to any sort of narcotic effects. They often inadvertently crush nearby creature underfoot with every step they take. While most sauropods ignore non-hostile creatures, Titanosaurs take issue with creatures invading its personal space. This is probably because they aggressively feed off any and all plants they can find. Titanosaurus eats constantly, which certainly helps recover health quickly, even after fighting off numerous carnivores such as Giganotosaurus.
I suspect that a Titanosaur, for all its sheer size, is overkill for a lone rider. Rather, for those elite tribes powerful enough to bend one of these titans to their will, the epic creature is employed as a mobile superfortress, capable of ferrying obscene amounts of weight, structures, defenses, and creatures across the island. Some nomadic tribes even have their main base on the back of a Titanosaur!
— The Dossier
The Titanosaurus or Titanosaur is a massive herbivorous dinosaur found on the Ark.
- The dossier was revealed on January 19, 2016
- The name "Vagacastrum" means "wandering castle", fitting for this one-dino mobile fortress.
- The Island currently only spawns 3 Titanosaurs, so 3 tamed ones would ultimately block any more wild ones from spawning.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- The largest known dinosaur in existence was the sauropod Argentinosaurus. This sauropod, itself a titanosaur, was estimated to be perhaps as long as 39.7 meters. long, but is still dwarfed by ARK's Titanosaurus which is 124.5 meters long.
- Extrapolating from the above and assuming that Argentinosaurs and Titanosaurus have a similar body shape and density, the latter must have a mass between 1540 and 2969 metric tons. This makes Titanosaurus the only animal in the game that can be safely classified as a Kaiju.
- The armor vaguely resembles the back armor often pictured in the armored titanosaur Ampelosaurus (and its relatives, such as the heavily armored Agustinia) which might have lead to some design inspiration for ARK's Titanosaur.
- The genus Titanosaurus is actually considered a dubious name, as it cannot be easily distinguished from other members of the titanosaur family. This resulted in many species of "Titanosaurus" being renamed, although none of them are as large as the Titanosaurus featured in ARK.