|XP For Kill||4 XP|
|PC Release Date||June 2, 2015|
|Xbox Release Date||December 16, 2015|
|Favorite Kibble||Kibble (Carno Egg)|
|Saddle||Trike Saddle (lvl 20)|
|Incubation Range||22 - 28 °C / 72 - 82 °F|
|Incubation Time||2h 29m 59s|
|Baby Stage Time||4h 37m 46s|
Apparently a crossbreed of the Triceratops and Styracosaurus, Triceratops Styrax has both the characteristic of three-horned face of the Triceratops and the prominent horned-ridge of Styracosaurus.
Normally a very docile grazing animal, Triceratops becomes extremely aggressive once angered. Triceratops will chase down would-be predators (and egg-stealers) with incredible prejudice.
I've seen Triceratops have an especially hostile reaction to the Tyrannosaurus on the island, with herds attacking en masse.
A common mount for those that ride dinosaurs, Triceratops doubles as both pack animal and combat war horse.
Triceratops' bony ridge is very effective as cover from frontal attack, and the creature's charge is incredibly dangerous.
— The Dossier
The Triceratops (Try-serr-a-tops) or Trike is a medium sized herbivorous dinosaur found on the Ark. The Triceratops has vulnerable sides, but formidable front attacks. Primarily using a charging attack, it has the strength to send its enemies flying back.
Generally a very docile creature, its diet consists of berries, particularly the Mejoberry which it seems to prefer. They are found generally in small herds of 2-5, occasionally in large herds of 8-13. This creature has been known to exhibit a herd mentality, coming to the aid of any other triceratops in the area who needs it.
The Triceratops is a relatively small stout quadrupedal herbivore, which sports a large bony head equipped with an equally bony frill, which is adorned with multiple horns or spikes. Three larger horns also appear on the animal's head, one over each eye, and one on the nose.
The Triceratops is not aggressive until attacked. When attacked, it charges at the enemy and bucks it with its heads. Their bucking attack knocks the enemy back, which can make Trikes much more dangerous near cliffs or steep hills. The amount of knockback is significantly influenced by the enemy's weight. However, This attack can be easily dodged.
Generally a stubborn creature, it has a higher topor point, requiring 13-16 shots from a fully drawn slingshot to bring it down. When taming it prefers Mejoberries above the others and has been found to tame 10-15% faster when using those over other berries. Before attempting to tame one, make sure to have a plentiful supply of Narcoberries. Taming time is long, taking approximately one hour to an hour and half. Lower level individuals have a lower maximum torpor so they cannot be left alone as long between doses.
- Can collect berries, thatch, and smaller amounts of wood; collecting berries in this manner will yield extremely high amounts of berries compared to collecting them by hand. This makes it incredibly useful for feeding and taming other herbivores.
- When dismounting, you will stand on the back of the trike. If you crouch, you can hide behind its large face plate for cover from attacks. It is also possible to shoot from the top of the trike while it fights. (Don't move or you may fall off.)
- Can be picked up by a Quetzalcoatlus.
- The Triceratops is confirmed to have a skewer attack in the near future, likely similar to the Woolly Rhino's.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- Its full name means "Three-horned Face".
- Like Megalodon, Baryonyx and Therizinosaurus, Triceratops is the same size in-game as in real life (9 meters).
ARK: Fear Evolved