|Common Name||Woolly Rhino|
|Time||Late Pliocene - Late Pleistocene|
|XP For Kill||4 XP|
|PC Release Date||April 2, 2016 (v238.0)|
|Xbox Release Date||April 7, 2016 (v733.0)|
|Favorite Kibble||Kibble (Terror Bird Egg)|
|Saddle||Woolly Rhino Saddle (lvl 45)|
|Gestation Time||3h 58m 5s|
|Baby Stage Time||4h 37m 46s|
Coelodonta Utiliserro is a friendly herbivore, common to the tundra and grassland regions of the island. It is a large and dangerous creature, though it seems fairly trusting of the fauna around it. Once attacked, Coelodonta charges toward its foe. It builds up momentum as it charges, and depending on its ultimate impact speed, the results can be terrifying. With enough room to charge, it can even skewer the largest creatures in just one single gore!
Despite how powerful Coelodonta are, many tribes still hunt them extensively due to their unique resources. Its horns can be ground into a highly arousing powder, and its thick fur can support many insulating outfits, making the Coelodonta much in demand. Even less advanced tribes use packs to hunt them down, though at significant peril.
When not being hunted for its horns, Coelodonta makes an excellent beast of burden. Its ability to take on far larger opponents provided sufficient charging room, as well as its sizable load capacity, make it a solid addition to any trader or party or gathering expedition.
— The Dossier
The Coelodonta, more commonly known as the Woolly Rhinoceros or Woolly Rhino, is a large herbivorous mammal found on the Ark.
A brutish herbivore native to the island's colder regions, the woolly rhinoceros is also one of its largest mammals. Resembling a modern rhinoceros in shape, it has a thick coat of insulating fur and is as nearly large as a Stegosaurus. Its horns are enormous and formidable weapons, and when propelled by an angry, short-sighted, multi-ton beast, they can prove lethal against almost any other creature.
Woolly Rhinos are neutral, and will only attack if you attack them, other nearby Rhinos will aggro as well if they are within a small range.
- The dossier was revealed on November 23, 2015.
- The Woolly Rhino was originally meant to be released with the 237.0 patch but was later delayed for unknown reasons.
- Increasing Movement Speed does not increase its charge speed, or the rate at which its charge builds. Movement Speed only affects walking speed.
- Rhino Horn was an ingredient required to craft Lesser Antidote for a brief time. It was eventually replaced by Narcotic in the recipe, and horn is no longer needed.
- Charge Damage does up to x10 damage (for a full charge meter).
- Woolly Rhino is one of only two creatures for which Kibble is not worth 80 points of food (with the other being Brontosaurus). It instead only fills 53.3 points.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- The dossier mentions that the woolly rhino is often hunted for its horn, which can be ground up into a valuable powder. This is likely a satirical reference to the illegal rhino hunting trade, as poachers kill rhinoceroses to sell their horns in Asian markets, and it is traditionally believed that the horns are an ingredient in aphrodisiacs.