|PC Release Date||Not Yet Released|
The Yutyrannus saevus is believed to be related to the Tyrannosaurus Rex but it is noticeably different upon first glance. Feathered creatures are not necessarily viewed as dangerous predators in the same light as other theropods. However, the Yutyrannus strikes fear into even the most skilled hunters on the island.
There are few wild predators that are able to pack-hunt alongside the generally hostile Carnotaurus, like the Yutyrannus does, with such ease. It is also the only creature I’ve seen to consistently induce a state of panic with its roar. Upon hearing it, most creatures in the area will flee for safety.
A domesticated Yutyrannus can be a powerful offensive or defensive addition to war parties. With its mighty roar, it can induce fear in opposing creatures. Meanwhile, Yutyrannus can be trained to develop a confidence-boosting Battle-Cry which counteracts enemy attempts to induce fear, while also bolstering the resolve of allies. These unique “leadership” qualities make the Yutyrannus a versatile, and at times, a necessary creature to have on your side during large-scale confrontations.
— Quote The Dossier
The Yutyrannus () is a large carnivorous dinosaur found on the Ark.
- The dossier was revealed on April 10, 2017.
- The dossier notes that Yutyrannus is one of the few creatures that can hunt alongside Carnotaurus with ease. This might mean certain carnivores will prey on other carnivore species, eventually.
Trivia not relevant for the game
- The real life Yutyrannus lived in what is now China about 120 million years ago, in the same time and place as Microraptor.
- It was a relative of Tyrannosaurus. It also is the largest dinosaur known to have feathers, at 30 feet long.
- Yutyrannus is the 3rd largest of the feathered dinosaurs (the 1st being the Therizinosaurus and the 2nd is the Megalosaurus).
- Yutyrannus saevus roughly translates into "Cruel Feathered Tyrant."